- 500g (1lb) boneless shoulder of lamb, trimmed of fat, cut into 4 pieces OR you can use 4 small lamb shanks – one per person
- 2 tsp Schwartz ‘Season-All’
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbs dried oregano
- 2 tbs fresh rosemary leaves, stripped from the stalk
- 2 red onions, peeled and each cut into 8 wedges
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1kg (2¼lb) potatoes, peeled and cut into 7.5cm (3in) chunks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into 8 wedges
- Juice of 2 lemons
Method (you will need a 3 litre (5 pint) casserole dish)
Set your oven to 190°C/180°C Fan/375°F/Gas 5.
Brown the lamb all over – in the casserole dish if it is suitable for use on top of the hob – this will retain all the flavour. Put the meat into the casserole dish and sprinkle over the Season-All, oregano and rosemary leaves. Add the red onions, garlic, potatoes, pepper, lemon juice and 150ml (¼ pint) water. Cover with a well-fitting lid. Cook for 3 hrs until the meat is really tender. If you wish to thicken the juices make a small amount of cornflour paste (2 heaped teaspoons with enough water to make it a glue-like consistency) and stir into casserole until thickens. Serve with any green veg of your choice.